the dress I ended up wearing to my brother’s wedding last month. I whipped it up last minute as per usual, so it’s pretty simple.
I used the Gail dress pattern from Burdastyle.com, slightly modified. I didn’t like how the high collar looked on me so I substituted a strap of braided fabric. I also widened the skirt on the chiffon outer layer so that it has a nice swishy feel to it (I just love a swishy dress. :P) I’m pleased with how it turned out overall.
the wedding went off fabulously, of course.
I’m now working on a set of Civil War era undergarments, which I will eventually get some pictures of. I found a pretty decent Simplicity pattern for a 1863 shift, pantalettes, and stays. the pattern is endorsed by the Museum Society, which works for me. I’m halfway through building the corset, now I just have to wait for the rest of my supplies to arrive before I can finish it. I hate being limited by the only fabric/sewing store around being the JoAnn fabrics on the other side of town. the nearest specialty store, for corsets, boning and such, is two and a half hours away. sigh.