The puffs are poofed, ribbon trim is on, and the skirt is looking finished!
Just to prove that I have actually accomplished something since last blogging about this project! In fact, I’ve gotten more done than I thought, because the skirt is just about finished.
Hello again! I fear I’ve set another bad milestone – nearly four months without an update! Yikes! Well, things have been hectic, and as ACen is now a terrifying three weeks away, I’m in full crunch mode to get the convention costumes done. Unfortunately, I don’t have much more at this point to show than I did when I last blogged… double yikes!
Well, winter is coming upon us again – despite the fact that it’s averaging about 90 degrees here still, I can’t help but feel that cold weather is right around the corner. I really hate the cold, and winter in general, so one thing I tend to do every year is buy myself a new, cute coat, so that there’s something for me to get excited about when winter hits – well, this year, I decided I’d make myself a new coat instead.
I’m so excited to be making this post – here are the first photos of my wearing the Katherine Pierce gown this weekend, finally finished!
I’m making slow but steady progress on my green gown, in between other small projects.
I had to put this project on the shelf for a little while because of the convention and making costumes for that. The last time I blogged about this costume, I had finished constructing the bodice and was getting started on the skirt. I’m still a little frustrated with the skirt and it’s taking some time to work through the issues I’m having with it, but today I took some time to (almost) finish trimming the bodice.